Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Criminal Law-Vehicular Manslaughter HB363

Greetings,
First, while I did not have the opportunity to ride with you all I was able to stop at John's Grand Opening - you guys have done a smashing job and I am proud to know you. Further, thanks for the birthday wishes and cake.

I am writing because as you know, we will have our hearing for the Vehicular Manslaughter Bill on Wednesday, April 6, 2011. I know that many are the commitments of life and I would like to offer the following:

For those who cannot get there on Wednesday, if you send me your testimony of support for the bill (Criminal Law-Vehicular Manslaughter HB363) with the name of your group or your name and contact information, I am offering to print the required 20 copies and submit them on your behalf.

We have encountered resistance to passage of this bill by at least one or perhaps two Senators (Ramirez of PG County and Senator Frosh of Montgomery County). 

Wouldn't it be so cool if i was able to take five or ten sets of testimony with me? 

Maybe that will help the Senate side to see the light - how can we want an improved quality of life but our elected officials who determine our financial fate also determine whether we can safely ride, walk or use the same resources as cars, trucks, suvs and mini-vans?

I need your testimony by 7:00 PM Tuesday evening so that I can print and staple copies. If you need to call me - 240-271-2915.

Kenniss Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment